Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This afternoon, while we were at the park for Dex's baseball practice, Jax fell off the playground equipment and hurt his knee. He came hobbling over and told me what happened in a very whiny voice. I made a comment to him that he was whining because he was tired and maybe needed a nap (he has not been sleeping well). He snarked back at me "Maybe *you* need a nap!". I told him to get away from me and sit by himself on the bench. When it was time to go, he limped over to the car and I rolled my eyes at his big over-acting.

At home, I asked to see his knee and it is swollen and red. Oops! I gave him some ice (well, the boo-boo bunny) and some ibuprofen. He was still limping when we went to bed but the swelling was gone down. I feel like a complete heel! To overcompensate for my mean mom-ness, I let the kids have orange pop with their dinner. I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment