Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Almost Birthday to Me!

What a birthday weekend this has been and it only gets better because tomorrow is my actual birthday! :)

Friday night was Cosmo Friday with just Spy and me and the kids. She gave me a beautiful ornament of a real maple leaf dipped in copper. It is gorgeous and I need to find the best place to display or hang it.



Then of course yesterday was my shopping day and Ash treated me to dinner for my birthday. The snow kind of put a damper on the day because I was stuck for 30 minutes until Stephen and the boys rescued me.

Today, the kids played in the snow. It warmed up quite a bit so the snow melted fast but it was perfect packing snow. Here are a couple of photos:

You can see the bamboo behind Jax is completely matted down from the snow but it bounced back up as soon as the snow melted off it. Also, on the edge of the deck railing, you can see how deep the snow was. The kids made snow forts and had a wicked snowball fight.

Later, I went to dinner with Terry and she treated! She also bought me a pretty pot of yellow tulips which I will plant in the garden after they finish blooming (and after the snow melts!).


When I came home, I found presents on the fireplace for me to open tomorrow.

(Don't tell anyone but I am certain the bag on the right has a set of guitar strings because I have already broken a string on my guitar because I am a dolt and don't know which way to turn the keys when tuning it.


Guitar with broken E string. :(

Tomorrow, Stephen is making me flank steak with a homemade raspberry chocolate cheesecake. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment