Thursday, March 06, 2008

Milestone

I signed Cars up for kindergarten today. I cannot believe it! I am excited and sad at the same time (more excited though!). Our school has a "continuous learning" class where the kids are the same class from K-2. There are approximately 8 kids in each grade in the classroom. Since Cars will be a "young" kindergartener, I think this class would be a great fit for him. However, a billion people apply to get in the class and it is a "lottery". Hopefully Cars will be chosen. If not, I have asked that he be considered for the lottery for the full-day slots. We should find out on Friday of next week.

Another milestone is that tomorrow I am going to go to the eye doctor to get contact lenses! Longtime readers of this blahg will know that I tried them four years ago to no avail. It was impossible to try to stick a foreign object in my eyes every morning while trying to get a kindergartener, a preschooler and a baby ready for the day (it would take me at least 10 minutes per eye). This time I am determined to "make it work" as Tim Gunn would say (btw, did you watch last night's finale? I fell asleep and while I know that Fierce Christian won, I missed all of the important parts like the judging!).

I also have an astigmatism (sounds icky!) in my right eye (only needs correcting "one way" whatever that means) so the contacts might be tricky and perhaps may not work for me so I am also ordering new glasses. My last ones were from Costco and while they were super cheap, I am not sure they fit me well enough so I am going to order them from the doctor's office. I did manage to find a very inexpen$ive frame that I like but even so, the gla$$e$ are pricy.

One positive thing in all this is that I do not yet need bifocals! In fact, the doctor was amazed at how good my near vision was (and I thanked her like it was something I actually could control or had been working on - doh!). One less aging thing I need to fret about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment