Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I watched "Across the Universe" on Saturday night and I loved it! It is so beautifully done. One of songs in the movie that was so well done is "Let It Be". You can see the scene here on YouTube.

I was a huge Beatles fan as a teenager. They were long broken up but there was always that hope that they might get back together. I would play my Beatles records over and over on my very "mod" hi-fi (white plastic with a bright pink Plexiglas cover) stereo. I can remember listening to a special on the radio one night explaining how Paul was dead and all of the clues on all of their albums telling us it was so. I played my record backwards to hear "Paul is dead" and saw that indeed, Paul was wearing no shoes on the cover of the "Abbey Road" album or the Beatles standing in front of "Paul's" grave on "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". A grave decorated with flowers in the shape of a bass guitar. Oh, these clues had us almost convinced that the real Paul McCartney was dead and that it was an impostor in jail in Tokyo after being busted for marijuana possession.

Anyway, I bet after the last couple of years, Paul McCartney does indeed wish it were an impostor who was living his life. At least his nightmare appears to be over. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment