Saturday, March 08, 2008

Nothing much going on. I had my eye appointment on Friday and was able to put the contacts in my eyes no problem! Yeah for me! I have my trial lenses for a week and then if I like them I will order contacts (I will do it!). I also ordered a pair of glasses. They were not the inexpen$ive ones. Stephen did not like them so I went with a different pair.

Jax and I walked to the school this afternoon to meet Stephen, Cars and Dex (who were there for Dex's baseball practice). It took us just over 30 minutes and walking along the main street was quite harrowing(we did that to avoid the big hill). Even though there is a big shoulder on the side of the road, it is amazing how many cars drive on the shoulder! It will be good when the city finally builds a sidewalk along that stretch of road.

I had my hair cut yesterday and it feels good to have it in a short bob again. It was getting too long. Since I have stopped colouring it, it gets so dry when I grow it long (well I suppose the flat iron doesn't help either). Cars, Dex and Jax also had their hair cut although you cannot tell with Jax (she just thinned it really). He sure has a mop of hair. Dex decided he wanted short hair again so he could spike it with orange gel on "Crazy Hair Day" which is two weeks.

Stephen's car is on its last leg, I think. The heater is not working, the windshield leaks, the "CHECK ENGINE" light is always on, the radio display does not work (this actually broke years ago), the radio antenna is stuck up (it is supposed to go down when you turn off the car), the doors do not lock automatically (or unlock automatically if you lock them manually), the windshield wipers work most of the time, etc. So, we've been talking a little bit about what kind of car to replace it with. The kids want him to get a "punch buggy". I want something fuel-efficient since he only just uses it to drive to/from work but he wants something "comfortable" which means big. Hopefully the car will last through the summer but if the air conditioning is not working, I imagine we will get one sooner. It has been nice that this lemon has lasted longer than we had imagined it would. BTW, never, ever, ever buy a Saab. They suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment