Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer O'Fun 2007 Day 8

(Day 7 was yesterday)

Stephen took the day off while we got the house and backyard back in order from the party yesterday. Then I took the kids to the beach for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Jax and Dex dug a big hole again while Cars explored the water with more confidence this year thanks to his swimming lessons. I still made him wear a life jacket though.

Stephen has decided to buy Guitar Hero II from Gar (boy, saw that coming a mile away considering Gar does not have an xBox 360). Anyway, the kids love it and so does Stephen. The cost of it can come out of the vacation fund.

So, on the heels of Stephen deciding to buy Guitar Hero II, the dryer broke! Seriously, it broke 10 minutes after Gar and Ash left (they came for dinner again tonight) and I put the dryer on and it made this horrible grinding noise and the drum is loose. Perhaps a pin fell out? I cannot get Sears in until Wednesday morning to take a look at it. What will I do without a dryer for a week?! Ok, calm down (deep breath!) The nearest laundromat is about 10 miles away. My laundry will be dry by the time I get there in traffic! I would love to have a laundry line but it is against the HOA. Oh, I have a portable rack so I guess I can use that to dry things outside as long as no one reports me to the HOA. Ok, perhaps I will survive!

Ok, so as I said, Sears cannot get here before Wednesday. When I called to make the appointment they told me I had two options for service:
1) pay $189(!!!) which would include the service call and all repairs and a 1 year warranty on the repairs or
2) pay $60 for the service call, then $$ for the parts and $$ for the labour and have a 90-day warranty on the repair$

But I have to decide that very second! So I say screw it and I will take the gamble and go for the $60 service call. I hope it works out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment