Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Summer O'Fun 2007 Day 104° F



We spent the morning hanging out at home until it got too warm then we drove in our air conditioned car to Staples and Fred Meyer for some school supplies that were on sale. I then took the kids to the pool at the club. The parking garage looked promisingly empty but it turned out that everyone at the club was at the pool! Anyway, we are home now and I turned on our woefully inadequate window air conditioner because it is now 89° F in the house.

My friend, Tami, is moving away. Her dh took a new job in Albuquerque (I always think of Bugs Bunny when I hear that word). She is the first person I became friends with from Jax's preschool years (her dd was in his class). I also met Ash and Laurie the same year but Tami was the one I spoke to most often then. And for the past two years her youngest dd and Cars had swimming lessons at the same time so we could sit and chat for 30 minutes twice each week. Tami is also the person to whom I sold my first painting! Tomorrow night is her last night at book club. Everyone is pitching in and buying her a Barnes & Noble gift card. I am going to really miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment