Sunday, July 08, 2007

Nothing much going on here. Stephen built a gate for the fence (the one that blew down in the storm in December). Anyway, it looks good. We still need to drill a hole through the post and attach some wire or a chain to the latch so we can open it up on the other side.

We had sparrows nesting in the eaves of the house. Once the babies leave, someone (Stephen) will have to get up on the garage roof and put some mesh over the eaves so they do not try to nest there again next year. They chirp all day long, starting about 5am and are still chirping at 9pm. And of course they are right above the boys' bedroom window.

I told Jax that I would buy him a Nintendo DS game if he cut his hair short. Like buzz cut short. He is waffling. He really, really, really wants the game but he loves his shaggy mane. I told him he had one week to think it over before the offer expires.

Nanny is coming tomorrow morning for a couple of hours. Her hours were cut back with her Nanny job so she has Mondays off now. I wish it were Fridays because that would work better for me. Anyway, she is coming here in the morning and will go to sit for Ash's kids in the afternoon. She is going on vacation in a couple of weeks so she will come tomorrow, next Monday then the last week or two in August.

We are expecting some scorching weather over the next few days. I pulled out the blow-up pool that I picked up on clearance at Target last year ($2.48!) and will fill it tomorrow. That and the slip'n'slide should keep the boys cool. At least the hot weather will ensure that I can get my laundry dried on the rack outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment