Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer O'Fun 2007 Day 13

What a difference a day makes. Today it reached maybe 85F. Much easier to live with.

I rushed the kids out the door because we had to stop at Barnes & Noble to buy a gift card for Tami from the book club before we met our friends at the beach. After purchasing the gift card I realized that I had forgotten the towels at home (20 minute drive) so I paid the stupid tax at Linens'n'Things, which was across the parking lot from Barnes & Noble, and purchased three new towels for the kids. Not fun.

We arrived at the beach the same time as the rain clouds. It was maybe 70 degrees at this point and it started spitting on and off for the next 40 minutes but our group of 7 moms and 17 kids refused to budge and within 2 hours, the sun came out. We stayed much longer than we usually do because the first two hours were cool and overcast so no one was sick of being at the beach until 4 hours had gone by. The kids dug a humongous hole (which they filled in before leaving) and I was nice mom today and bought them ice cream bars and Popsicles from the concession stand. One day my kids will realize how much I rock as a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment