Monday, July 09, 2007

Summer O'Fun 2007 Day 10

I am doing the happy dance because my dryer is FIXED! $ear$ called and said they could get someone out today rather than Wednesday day. So I jumped at the change and now I am a excited about doing laundry again. However, $ear$ did charge an arm and a leg. Stephen and I had decided that if it cost half of a new dryer we would just a new dryer. It was half (plus tax). The guy did say that the problem will reappear in 8-10 years (bearings wore out). He also said our washer was sounding sickly so if it died (same bearing problem) it would cost about $700 to fix (takes 2 guys* to take it apart)- the same price as a new dryer - or more because it goes on sale often enough! Anyway, he suggested I could buy a service plan for ($109 for 1 year) but he said it might not break before the year was up. So we are again gambling and hopefully it will last quite a while before it breaks then we will just buy a new one. What ever happened to major appliances lasting 30 years?!

It is a gorgeous day today. Not a cloud in the sky but not too hot...yet. We are expecting 90+ degree weather for the next few days. I filled the pool so perhaps Jax and Dex (and Cars) will want to wade in after golf today. It it a soft-sided pool so I don't imagine it will last a long time.

Nanny came today so what did I do wit my time? I spent an hour in Starbucks reading my book ("Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer - book club book for this Thursday's meeting) and drinking tea. Then I got an oil change and read my book for another 45 minutes while I waited in line at Oil Can Henry's. Quality "ME" time, eh?

* edited because I said it takes two days to take it apart but I meant two guys. Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment