Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer O'Fun 2007 Day 15

Nanny came for a couple of hours this morning and I went to Target and to Michaels all by myself. It was heaven. However, she was to go to Ash's house in the afternoon but Jax told her that they were on vacation (they were but got home Saturday) so Nanny headed back to her side of the lake and Ash did not get a sitter for the day. I felt badly for her but I did not want to watch her kids while mine were off at golf lessons.

Jax told Stephen today that he does not enjoy golf lessons. I think he is mad that he does not get lunch until 1:30 (we normally eat at home between 11:45 and 12 since they get up so early and he eats at noon at school). Jax is totally driven by habit and schedules so I can see why this puts him out. He is not really hungry because I give him a good snack before we leave about 11:30 and he also has a snack in his golf bag. It is just that lunch is supposed to be around noon and 1:30 is clearly not noon. So really, why he does not like golf lessons has absolutely nothing to do with golf.

Dex on the other hand really enjoys the lessons. Today during warm up time, rather than hit balls on the driving range he wanted to practice putting since "I am not very good at it and if I want to win a trophy this year, I have to practice putting". :)

Cars and I worked on his ABC's and writing the letters of the alphabet. I am ashamed to admit that he is not where I think he should be at this age. Or maybe he is, compared to Jax and Dex. I am comparing him to where they were at the end of their first year of preschool but they were both already 4 years old when preschool ended while he won't be 4 until next month. He is interested in learning so that's good. When he writes his name he says this:

"C"
"down, down, across"
"down, little bump, line"
"snake"
"O"
"up, down, up"

So he says how he writes the letter rather than the letter name (exception is C and O although he used to call O "circle").

Anyway, more remedial ABCs tomorrow. We are going to the beach so we will write in the sand with a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment