Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The Other

I drove Jax to the park behind the school and he walked from there so he could get his prize (A pencil that says "I WALKED TO SCHOOL TODAY"). Not really cheating...

I remembered to take Dex to school today. Good thing because it was PICTURE DAY. After school he said "I smiled like this" and gave me the cheesiest grin. Can't wait to see those pictures. Jax's picture day is tomorrow. His loose tooth is hanging on by a thread of flesh so when he smiles it sticks straight forward. Another lovely photo to look forward to.

Cars got a haircut today. He cried through most of it and I had to hold him so I was covered with hair. He looks like a little boy. He is also 14 months old now. Blink and tomorrow he will be two.

After I picked Jax up from school at the park, I told him he had 10 minutes to play before we had to pick up Declan. This man looked over at me and said "Did you say 'Declan'?" and I said yes and he said "I have a Declan too". We both laughed because we knew instantly...that we were both the parents "the other Declan". His Declan was born 3 weeks before my Declan at the same hospital. I had run into his FIL in Safeway 4 years ago (he overheard me saying Declan's name) and since then people here and there have been asking us if we knew "the other Declan". Apparently people had been asking him too! lol He told me his name was Mike and he really wanted to ensure his kids had unique names and here he named his son Declan and it will turn out that both Declans will be in the same grade/school as each other once they start Kindergarten. Anyway, I hope I run into him again sometime because I want to see what "the other Declan" looks like (he was at preschool too and his dad was at the park with "the other Declan"'s sister).

My MIL called today and asked if they should stay in a hotel while they were here. That was my perfect opportunity to say "Yes please!" and you know what I said? "Oh, we have plenty of room. You can stay here. It is not a problem." Erp



No comments:

Post a Comment