Friday, October 01, 2004

Cars can talk. A little. He calls Stephen "Ya-Ya" which is hilarious. "Hi Ya-Ya!" when Stephen comes home from work. Sooooo cute.

Cars is also cutting more teeth. Last time he let me check he had 10. He has been miserable! Neither he nor I slept much last night.

Dex has been a real pip lately. He rambles on and on going from one thought to the next without a breath! Also, today he and Jax were playing "Star Wars" and he was Darth Vader "I'm your dad" he says in a monotone to Jax. Jax of course says "No! You say 'Luke, I am your father'". Dex sighs heavily and repeats "I'm your father" in that monotone. Hilarious!

Jax loves showing off his reading skills. He lectures Dex day in and day out about what sounds certain combination of words make. Tonight it was "ING". Jax was also delighted that today when he ate his apple at lunch his loose tooth became looser. Now he says he will eat an apple everyday until his tooth falls out.

I signed on to volunteer to be a "material/supply person" for Dex's Sunday School class. What a mistake! OMG the commitment is way more than I was lead to believe. Plus I also have to volunteer one day during the class AND sub as a teacher if one of the teachers are sick. UGH!

One volunteer thing I am really looking forward to doing is working at Jax's school on the reading program. I go in once each month (I'd like to go in more often but cannot guarantee I can get someone to watch the Dex and Cars!). Right now I am assuming that Nanny will be there on those days. If not, I am sure I can get Ash to watch them for that hour.

I did not knit one stitch today. Maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment