Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Summer O'Fun 2009 Day 8

We met Spy and her kids at the park today for lunch and then I brought all of the boys back here for a couple of hours. They played SuperSoaker, "swam" in the hot tub and then had a hose fight. Great summer time kid fun!

I finished reading "The Reader" by Bernhard Schlink and I loved it! I want to see the movie now. It is our book club selection for this month (we'll discuss it next week).

My neighbour noticed that some of her small trees along her fence had been chewed and she found a hole under the fence that made her think it was a mountain beaver so she bought a trap and this morning to called me to come over to look at what she had caught. Sure enough - a mountain beaver. I had never seen one before so it was neat to see him (her?). My neighbour planned to walk back in the woods behind the church that backs onto her property and release it. The kids were intrigued too.

We also have a weird deer on the loose on our street. It keeps trying to get into our neighbour's backyard. And last night it was eating the small shoots that are coming off the tree roots in my yard before I chased it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment