Monday, November 03, 2008

Tonight was a "Mom's Night Out" for my mom's club. A group of about 10 or 11 of us went to Eastside Baby Corner which is a local agency that collects and redistributes clothing and baby items to families in need. The service children up to age 12. The set up they have is so very cool. You get a bag with an age and size on it and then fill it with a certain amount of clothes for these kids. There were a ton of people volunteering there and it was amazing how quickly the work (and the clothes go). Our group was there for about an hour and a half. I filled up four bags of clothes for kids and then started sorting the new clothing donations that came in.

In the past, I have donated clothes to Goodwill but knowing that this place gives them away for immediate use is somehow compelling to me. I have told Stephen that from now on all of our children's clothing items will go there rather than to Goodwill. I am actually a little verklempt thinking about what a wonderful job this place is doing for our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment