Monday, November 17, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Three nights in a row of late nights for the kids and then Monday morning rolls around and none of them can get out of bed. Ugh! I decided to forgo making lunches and spent the time getting them up and out of bed in more relaxing time frame.

I got my flu shot today. Stephen's work offers free flu shots each year. We had originally planned to go to lunch but then I forgot that I had a PT appointment scheduled so we just had coffee/tea together. We don't do enough of that (sit down together, not get flu shots).

I have one more PT appointment scheduled. The therapist thinks I have improved my flexibility enough and the knot in my neck/shoulder is gone that I don't need to go back after Wednesday. The change in the tightness, stiffness and pain in my neck/shoulder is incredible! As well, I have been working on exercises to improve my posture so the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome is improving and my hands and when I raise my arms, they do not go numb as quickly as they did in the past.

I helped out the son of an online friend today who needed to interview someone from another country. He then had to take my answers and translate them into Spanish. I wonder how "universal health care" translates?

Jax and Dex are taking a cartooning course after school so Cars was so happy to take the bus home himself. It made him feel like a big kid. I picked him up in the car because I had to run a couple of errands before we went back to the school to pick up the other two when their class ended and Cars decided that since he was a big kid, he would sit in the big-boy booster seat in the back row of the van. He was soooo proud of himself. It was so cute! Well, cute until it was time to get Jax and Dex and Cars bossed the other two around and told me that they were not allowed to sit in the back with him. He was unceremoniously dethroned and had to sit back in his regular seat. I cannot believe how bossy he has become!

When I got back from getting the boys, Stephen was already home from work so he could fix the garage door. What seems like it should have been an easy fix turned into an hour of us arguing (we do not work well together) and I almost got my finger ripped off in a pulley. Anyway, it seems to be working although I apparently need to buy another spring because you are supposed to replace both at the same time for even tension.

We've spent the better part of this evening shopping online trying to find the Lego that the kids want for Christmas. They are nowhere to be found except on eBay at 2x the original price. I wish they'd want something that no one else wants. Cars did tell me that he wanted a Chia Pet (Chia Alex actually). I wonder if that will do rather than a Batman Lego?

No comments:

Post a Comment