Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Parent/Teacher conferences yesterday went well. Cars' was first. I mentioned to his teacher that I had had concerns about sending Cars to school since he just turned 5 in August and was probably the youngest kid in the class. She said she was really surprised that he was that young (she said she had not memorized everyone's birthdays) and she said that he definitely acted "older". And he is right where he needs to be with everything else so I am glad that I sent him "on time".

Dex's conference was next. You know how I mentioned that his teacher said he was a good citizen? Well, she raved about Dex! I could tell that she really likes him which is nice and she loves his writing "voice". It was nice to hear. I really did not think we'd have a lot to talk about but we even ran over time which made us late for Jax's conference...oops!

Jax was waiting for us with his teacher when we got there (Spy was watching my kids while we went to the other conferences and she sent Jax to his on time). He discussed what he was most proud of and talked about his results on certain things. He did a great job with his presentation to us. He really is doing well this year and I think he has gotten over and forgiven the teacher for the peanut-butter-sandwich-making situation. He showed Stephen a few things around the classroom and I thanked her again for getting him an individual desk because I know that has alleviated some of his anxiety in class.

Afterwards, it was my turn to watch all of the kids while Spy had her conferences. We were lucky that it was not raining so the kids got to play outside (even though it was a little chilly). Spy's son wrote an essay that his teacher showed Spy about his best friend, Dex. It was so sweet to read. The embarrassing thing is of course that the teachers all know about Cosmo Fridays now. Makes us look like a couple of lushes. And really we aren't. At least, only on Fridays anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment