Saturday, May 24, 2008

We had a pleasant surprise today - the SUN! So, I spent a good chunk of the day weeding the yard. We have eleventy billion dandelions. Well, eleventy billion minus 300. Yes, I weeded 300 dandelions out of the yard and garden. Yes, 300! It was hot and I could not believe how many there were. Fortunately, Stephen bought a Weed Hound so it was quick. Actually, if we did not have that tool, I probably would not have been able to weed more than 50 dandelions. This tool is great! The hardest part was going back around to pick up all of the dandelions that I had pulled out.

I also weeded the raised garden bed that we have. We had tons of weeds and one carrot growing. I am going to plant some tomato plants and try to grow some pumpkins from seeds. Wish me luck!

Oh, and we saw "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" yesterday. I loved it. It was exciting, fun, scary, preposterous and thoroughly entertaining. Harrison Ford didn't look *too* old and Shia LaBeouf was great in it. There were some lines from other Indiana Jones and Star Wars movies which was fun too. Cars gave it 51 thumbs up. I give it two. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment