Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I should have spent today getting ready for my inlaws' visit - cleaning and tidying and reorganizing rooms, etc. Instead, I spent over an hour in a fabric store that is going out of business, touching and fondling fabric. I want to sew new curtains for my kitchen. The curtains currently hanging are ok (you can see them in on the left side of this photo.), but they are not really my colours. Anyway, I found one fabric that I liked in the store, bought 2 yards of it, brought it home and I just don't think it will do. Now I have $8 worth of fabric to add to my stash.

There was one fabric that was gorgeous. It was yellow and cream with huge blue flowers on it. It would be perfect and look really smart with some tailored curtains or an upholstered valance. It was a rayon and cotton mix and it was regularly priced at $99.99/yard! I thought at first it was a typo but then it was in with all of the really expensive fabrics (ranging from $49.99/yard and up). The fabrics were 50% off so it would still have been $50/yard. Wow. The store is closing on Sunday and I asked if their would be further markdowns between now and then. Apparently not. I guess they will probably send the fabric to one of their other locations.

Anyway, after the fabric store, I managed to further avoid getting the house ready for visitors by spending 30 minutes in Trader Joe's. I had to pick up some Trader Joe's brand Sunbutter and cheap marinara sauce. I also looked at all of their wines, the cookies that we cannot buy due to peanuts/tree nuts and the chunks of yummy cheeses. I wish they would open one up closer to my house.

Next, I went to Michaels and bought a tie-dye kit as Summer o'Fun 2008 is soon approaching and that is always our first project. Just 5 weeks of school left.

I finally arrived home to check email and move my cars in "Parking Wars" on Facebook (before Stacy or Robin gave me another ticket) then I had to pick Cars up from school. Today is early release so Jax and Dex got out a short while later. I did get a few things done (5 loads of laundry folded and put away, beds stripped and remade, cleaned out Jax's closet to make room for inlaws as they are staying in his room, cleaned out pantry, and played a game of Tetris (I beat my high score again!). Oh, I also had a 20 minute power nap.

So tomorrow I will be very busy finishing up - dusting, vacuuming, cleaning toilets and mirrors, cleaning the kitchen. I will have to get it done after MOPS and Cars' swimming lessons though. I work well under pressure though so it should not be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment