Sunday, May 04, 2008

So, remember Stephen's crappy birthday list? Well, I guess I should have realized that the reason he did not want anything is that he had designs on getting himself a Nintendo DS. He picked one up today at Costco. It came with The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. At least he picked out a cobalt blue DS to match my bottle collection. ;)

Jax has a science project due on the 13th of this month. He declined to do the optional science fair project only to find out that a science project is mandatory for 4th graders this year. Anyway, he has done his experiment already but needs to write it all up and work on his display board. He tested to see how many Lego bricks he could stack before they toppled over. He predicted that the 2x4 bricks would stack higher than the 2x2 or the 1x1's. As it turned out, the 2x2's could be stacked the highest before they fell. Stephen thinks it was a good experiment (he is the scientist in the house).

While they were working on that, Dex and I worked on his First Holy Communion banner. I bought some dark blue felt for the background and cut out our last name in orange letters (his favourite colour). He cut out a host and chalice and made little light rays coming out of it. He chose bright green for a cross but at least he made the candle out of a normal colour (white with an yellow flame - I cut out a tiny cross for the candle). I will hot glue them onto the banner tomorrow or Tuesday as the banner is due on Wednesday, along with a note stating that he is prepared to receive his First Holy Communion. We have not yet done the chapters that he missed when he was sick last week so I'd better hope to it.

My high school had a reunion last week and I have been enjoying looking at the photos from high school friends and teacher on Facebook. In Canada, they don't usually have the traditional 10th, 25th, etc reunions and often it is just a gathering of people who used to go to the school. I would definitely have gone if I were still living in Toronto. I graduated from Grade 12 26 years ago next month. That sounds so long ago but it doesn't at all feel that long ago.

Anyway, I have had several people from high school whom I had really only had acquaintances with contact me on Facebook (I am up to 65! ;) It has been fun finding out what everyone has been up to these past 2+ decades!

No comments:

Post a Comment