Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The meeting went as expected. They gave us some grief about how a health plan is "the same" or better than a 504 Plan. I told them if it is the same then why not the 504 Plan. In the end, he has been approved and his 504 plan says "See Health Plan". Good enough for now. Of course the 504 Coordinator did not show up and though I had asked to review Jax's plan and add a few things, no one knew anything about it since I had discussed it with the 504 Coordinator. Anyway, as the end of the year is coming up and they are scrambling to get things done, we won't have the official documentation done for 2-3 weeks.

Stephen cannot make a decision about what car to buy which is why we are not rushing out to get one right away. Our plan was to wait until the end of the summer and buy the 2008's that dealerships were trying to get rid of as the 2009's come in. No such luck now. I just feel sick that we spent all that money getting the car up and running and in two weeks it died again (something else major, of course).

~serenity now~

Well, just so my post doesn't turn into a total bitchfest, here are pictures of our recent projects (Click for bigger).

Jax's Science Project (Stephen helped measure and with the "lean" chart and I trimmed the papers to be placed on the board but Jax did the rest).


Dex's "Community Project". He chose to build a Subway sandwich shop. I had the perfect plastic and box arrive in the mail last week.


End-of-Year Gift for Preschool Teacher. (I also made the same thing for Dex's 2nd grade teacher)
Little Mica fingerprints on Fimo clay, strung together. This necklace has two fingerprints from each child. I am looking for a "fingerprint" or "touch" poem to go with it.


Mother's Day gift from Dex. This was a 3-day Art Start project and Dex made me promise not to look at his at all until Mother's Day.


Sachet from Cars to me for Mother's Day


Glass bead from Jax to me for Mother's Day. I strung it on a leather necklace that I had. I think it is so pretty (ignore the thyroidectomy scar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment