Monday, May 02, 2005

Crowning Glory

I bought a new type of conditioner for my hair the other day because I ran out of my current favourite (L'Oreal Vive). I was shopping at Safeway so the selection was limited and since Vive was not on sale, I would not buy it. I finally decided on a bottle of Suave because 1) I am frugal and 2) the bottle claimed "SPECIAL HUMECTANT FORMULA replenishes vital moisture as well as Nexxus®". I gave it a try yesterday morning and I hated how it felt in my hair. I was thinking how dry it made my hair feel - gross! Then when I was combing my hair, it was so tangled. I was so mad that I had spend good money (but not much money!) on this shit. While I was drying my hair I composed an indignant letter to Suave in my head. What a crappy product! And I will *never* buy Nexxus brand either!

I made a mental note to myself to buy more conditioner when I went out later. There is where the problem lay...the mental note. I lost it. I should have pinned it to my shirt because this morning as I was stepping into the shower I realized I had no friggin conditioner except the Suave with "SPECIAL HUMECTANT FORMULA replenishes vital moisture as well as Nexxus®". Damn! I figured some was better than none and as I was just about to apply it to my head I noticed the tiny little word that I had apparently failed to notice when I bought it...SHAMPOO.

Ok, so apparently if you apply SHAMPOO to your hair as you would CONDITIONER it will not actually condition, detangle, moisturize, etc your hair. I know this. I am forty years old. I have it figured out. I of course did not figure that I would not actually READ the bottle (why the frig were the SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER bottles identical? Why didn't I just buy the brand I normally buy? Why did I go shopping with three children?

Now I am faced with the problem that yet again today, I have forgotten to go to the store to buy CONDITIONER. I might be able to squeeze in a quick trip on the way to my Crazy Doctor appointment this afternoon. All because I am too damn cheap (it is not frugality when you buy the wrong stuff and it ends up being SHITTY).

No comments:

Post a Comment