Saturday, April 30, 2005

In an attempt to simplify my life I have done the following:

* Milk delivery - 1.5 gallons/week delivered every Tuesday morning. The milk is not organic (they farm does not grow its own feed so they cannot be labeled organic) but it is rBST-free and only 1.94/half gallon! About $0.50 cheaper than regular milk at the stores (and $1.50 cheaper than organic milk).

* I stopped clipping coupons. I would always forget them at home then curse myself when I was shopping and refuse to buy the item figuring I would come back later with the coupon. Except I would inevitably need the item before I could make it back to the store so I would have to rush out and buy it (again without the damn coupon!).

* Buying online - I haven't the time nor inclination to run about anymore to get the best buy. The price of gas and dragging one, two or three unwilling children is killing me. My latest purchases were a tea kettle at target.com (which went back to the store) and a 4-slice toaster (Stephen's request). I found a code with 10% off and combined with free shipping on the kettle, which could be (and was) returned to the store, it was much easier than rushing about IRL.

* I haven't done this yet but I am searching for THE perfect backpack purse and I will retire the diaper bag. This is because I was forever switching my wallet, phone, checkbook and coupons (HA! NO MORE!) back and forth from my purse to the diaper bag and back again. Inevitably, I would forget my phone (but mostly the coupons) so I have decided I will find a backpack purse with room for 2 diapers, some wipes and the epi-pens. The only issue will be keeping the diaper bag stocked for the times when Stephen takes the kids out. Maybe I need to buy another epi-pen holder (online of course!).

So there you have it. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify. (or WHACK! as some good friends say - you know who you are).

No comments:

Post a Comment