Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Still sick. Sicker even. I don't think I have had a cold this bad for about 8 years! I had a worse one then but I was pregnant with Jax and could not take anything. Right now Advil Cold & Sinus is my constant companion.

Stephen and I spend hours at the Department of Homeland Security to get the stamp in our passport which states that we are legal permanent residents of the United States of America. The agent told me that my actual card will arrive (get this) in 8 months but if I do not have it in 12 months, I need to go back to the Department of Homeland Security Office and get another stamp in my passport to cover me until the card comes in. The agent was even a little embarrassed to tell me that it would take 8 months. He said "I hate telling everyone this part". Incredible that is takes that long.

My mom is now sick too and I feel so badly for her because she has to take a train back to Vancouver on Thursday then fly home on Friday. She is supposed to attend Fiona's 1st birthday party (her birthday was yesterday) this weekend but if she gets as sick as me there is no way. Wally will no doubt have a fit and I'll get the blame because Granny cannot make it to Fiona's party which they scheduled a week later than her actual birthday because Granny was visiting my kids. :
Jax is sick too and stayed home from school today and he missed baseball practice last night. Dex is supposed to go to practice in a few minutes but he is sleeping and I feel like shit so I think I won't take him.

So not only is Dex asleep but Jax has just now fallen asleep, Cars is asleep and my mom is napping too. The only ones awake are me and Handyman (touch wood but the bathroom will be done ...TODAY!).

Time for more Advil Cold & Sinus medication...

No comments:

Post a Comment