Friday, May 13, 2005

Dex has allergies. I knew it was just a matter of time before he had an official diagnosis. No food allergies (that we know of) thankfully but it seems he is probably allergic to grass. He has been coughing and sneezing like crazy so off to the ped we went and she said allergies so he too is now on Zyrtec too.

While I had Dex at the doctor I figured I would get Cars his 18 month shots that he was 3 months behind on (he had a bad cold when he went for his 18 month appt so we put off the shots). Dex watched intently while Cars had his three shots and by the end Dex was shaking. Then the nurse said to him "We'll see you at the end of the month for your 5 year appointment". Dex remembers all too well that Jax had shots at his 5 year appointment. He started tearing up and announced that he was never coming back to the doctor. I think I will let Stephen take him in for that appointment!

Dex has been such a pip lately. He shouts when he talks (I barely remember when he couldn't talk?!). In his not so soft voice, while we were walking up for communion, he demanded to know how old he had to be to get chips like the rest of us. When I just shook my head at him to shush he said "TELL ME! WHEN DO I GET CHIPS TOO?!"

At the grocery store:
Dex: MOM? IS IT AGAINST THE LAW TO BUY GROCERIES THAT ARE NOT ON SALE?
Me (shushing him): No, of course not.
Dex: WHY DO YOU ONLY BUY STUFF ON SALE THEN?

At baseball practice while the coach was playing Simon says with the kids and let Dex be Simon:
Dex: SIMON SAYS PRACTICE IS OVER
Coach: No it isn't Declan.
Dex: YOU SAID I COULD BE SIMON!

He reminds me so much of David from the book No, David! by David Shannon. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment