Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Yesterday, I found out from an allergy forum I go to (WA-FEAST) that Safeway brand Dimetapp contains PEANUTS! (A mom had given it to her peanut-allergic dd who ended up with swollen eyes). So does the Safeway brand Tussin DM (Robitussin) (coconuts and nuts but the manufacturer was not able to verify what type of nuts until they hear back from a supplier). And Safeway brand Children's Ibuprofen (orange) DOES have nuts! This is ridiculous! I cannot believe that they can make these medications with a major food allergen and not list it on the label! And not only that, the new label law that goes into effect in January 2006 only covers food and NOT medicines!

So, I had to throw out the cough medicine I recntly bought for Dex's cough just in case we accidentally give it to Jax. And I will never buy orange or grape flavoured meds for them again.

Just when I think we have a handle on this allergy...

No comments:

Post a Comment