Sunday, November 21, 2004

I subbed at Sunday school today. Wouldn't you know that my kid was the worst-behaved child in the class?! OMG I am so embarrassed! And I realize that this is probably not a one-time thing. I need to talk to the other teacher about it. The thing is, he might get kicked out of the class if this keeps up. These teachers are volunteers (read MOMS) whose children are in the class. Also, both teachers only have girls so I wonder if that is part of the problem - they don't know what to do with boys. I spoke to Dex and told him that he might get kicked out and have to spend the time with me in Mass rather than get to go to school for that hour. He told me class was "boring" and too long. I reminded him that he thought that church was more boring. He said he would behave better next time (in two weeks - no class next Sunday). I still cannot believe how badly he (to be fair - and three other boys) were in class. Not listening, running around the class, etc. Aargh!

Terry called to see if Stephen can go over and help move furniture for them. I said YES before asking Stephen (he took the kids to Costco) because Erik is getting sick again. Erik has some weird autoimmune disease that has damaged his lungs and he has no strength in his hands anymore. I hope Stephen doesn't mind that I said ok. Anyway, E and T are getting new carpeting in their family room. Just in time for all of us to spill stuff on it at Thanksgiving dinner! lol

I stepped on the scale this morning and was SHOCKED. I have gained 3 pounds in a few days. How is that possible? Ok, so I am not eating the best but c'mon! I am going to have my thyroid checked in two weeks when I go see my internist. While I don't wish my thyroid to be out of whack, I hope it explains this weight gain. In the meantime, I need to get a handle on this weight! I am now 12 pounds up from my pre-pregnancy weight and my post-pregnancy weight! I dropped all of that weight in no time and look at me - Cars is just nursing at night now really and I am still eating like I am nursing full-time. :
Tomorrow is the parent/teacher conference with Jax's teacher. I don't really have a lot of questions for her other than the low make on sight words. I am quite surprised at that actually. Anyway, I'll see what she says.

This week coming Jax goes to school M-W from 8:25-11:30. Then off Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. Dex has no school W-F. Time to plan a few family field trips to make the week seem shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment