Wednesday, November 17, 2004

And so it goes

Strep throat! Jax's turn again. This sucks. At least we caught it before he got really sick this time. He told me this throat felt funny and I looked and saw that it was really red so I made an appointment to see the doctor. Doc was sure it was just a virus because there was no fever or other symptoms (they don't consider whiny a symptom!). But since strap went through the family he tested him and lo and behold... So we left with a Rx for antibiotics and I pray that no one else gets it again. Cars just finished his antibiotics up today so hopefully he will be ok.

And Jax cannot go to school tomorrow because he is contagious until he has been on antibiotics for 24 hours. So no MOPS tomorrow morning and a looooong day ahead of me. I have to go to Michaels tomorrow so it will be challenging schlepping the three of them in there. I need greens and Christmas picks for Sunday because we are making an Advent wreath at church after Mass.

Ash gave me my Christmas gift today. She planted some tulip, crocus, and iris bulbs for me in our garden! I shall finally have some spring flowers! I am very excited about it. She even laid some chicken wire over the bulbs to keep the squirrels away, including the damned one who dug up and ate the pumpkin seeds I planted. And the flowers will grow up right in the sunny spot in the garden where the neighbours' cat sits so hopefully they flowers will drive it away! Besides, I don't want the cat scaring away the beautiful Stellar's Jays that are flocking to my bird feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment