Monday, November 08, 2004

Cars has strep. I took him in for his 15 month check-up and while she was checking him out I noticed he had a rash all over his torso. She checked his throat and said it was red. Quick swap test verified strep. I will never believe anyone who says that kids under 2 don't get strep. Dex had it before he was 2 as well and they tried to tell me then too that kids under 2 don't get it.

Anyway, Cars now has some anti-biotics and will be on his way to feeling better in no time. I also had Dex get the flu shot since Cars cannot have it due to his egg allergy. He didn't get any of the shots he was due for because he is sick. Also, I had no idea that MMR had egg in it (Jax had it before he was tested for allergies and Dex is not allergic) so I need to talk to the allergist since the ped said usually MMR is given in an allergist's office if the child is allergic to eggs.

I put out my cool bird feeder that I bought at the Craft fair on Saturday. It is a vintage teacup and saucer sitting on a copper pole (copper pipe). It is so cool. We've had tons of little birds in the garden since Saturday and I bought more bird seed today. And where birdseed is, squirrels are soon to follow and I saw one little bugger digging in my garden right where I planted the pumpkin guts and seeds! I think I might need to get some chicken wire and cover over where I am hoping to grow the pumpkins so the squirrel will not eat them all. I would even welcome the neighbourhood cats back to my yard to keep the damn squirrels away!

At the craft fair on Saturday I also saw some really cool things that have given me good ideas for back-up for the ornament swap if the things I am working on do not turn out. I bought a pretty pair of earrings that I may keep for myself or give to my SIL for Christmas. They are crystal so maybe I'll make a matching bracelet for a set.

Well, time to make Dex some lunch before I take him to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment