Saturday, November 06, 2004

Cars is *finally* getting over his cold and sleeping for more than 1 hour stretchs. I swear I was about to go insane again due to lack of sleep. Seriously, I am sure last year that was part of what drove me over the edge. Oh and his molar popped through too so that is a relief for him (and me).

I finally finished DeniSe's scarf. I think I might need to add fringe (not sure how exactly to do that). We'll see. I did start knitting a hat for Fiona. I am actually using this pattern because the other uses size 9 needles and I do not have them. I also did not have the right sized circular needles so I am doing it all on dpn's. It is slow going because twice I have almost slid the stitches off the back end of them.

I haven't spoken to my mom in days. I am still put off about her Christmas decree. I spoke to my oldest brother and SIL and they said she has not asked them to do the same thing and they will not do it either. They have my sis's name in the Christmas draw and said they will buy her something but not send her any money they have budgeted for mom. SIL said that neither my niece or nephew bothered to cash the cheques she sent them for their birthdays this past year so she wonders if she sends them cheques for Christmas is they will be bothered to even cash them then.

Jax has a b-day party today and next Saturday. Both girls! lol I think it is cute that they invited him. One is the girl up the street who took the bus with him everyday last year. The other was in his class last year and they are in RE class together on Sundays.

I thought Dex was screaming upstairs but it turns out he is singing. He and Jax are practicing for when they are in a band. They like the song "1985" by Bowling for Soup (lyrics published in my blahg on 9.2.04). And they love the band Simple Plan. I think I will get them the new Simple Plan cd.

Time to run out to buy a gift for the party today.

No comments:

Post a Comment