Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Summer is almost over and I feel that I need to pack a million more things into the last few days remaining. Jax meets his teacher a week tomorrow then starts school the following Monday. Today we nothing and I feel like I wasted a day! Playgroup was canceled because no one could make it (various doctor appts). So we just hung out at home until about 2pm when I piled the kids in the car for a trip to Sears (reminded me of the scene from The Brady Bunch Movie when Mike says "Put on your Sunday best kids; we're going to Sears!".

I bought the bigger boys a pair of Land's End All Weather Zip Mocs and a couple of long-sleeved t-shirts for school. I think Jax is probably set for clothes now and Dex is too (need to haul out the size 5 pants bin). Jax's Land's End raincoat is due to arrive the first week of Sept (back-ordered). They will both need new winter coats (just a fleece-lined nylon coat). Cars is out-of-season on the outerwear so I may have to buy him more fall/winter clothes. I am finally hitting the sizes where I started keeping clothes.

Stephen mentioned tonight that his bonus will be coming in his mid-Sept pay. I told him I was going to buy a new grill because about four times this summer I have almost caught fire in a huge fireball trying to light the damn one that we have. On Saturday, I even singed all of the hair off my right hand and forearm. The ignition is broken so we have to light it with matches or a lighter and it is frightening! Anyway, I told him that he could use whatever was left of the bonus to buy what he wanted except for any damn Lego!

Time for bed. Actually I am reading a good book (see to the right -->) and I want to read before I get too tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment