Monday, June 08, 2009

My allergies are kicking my ass today. Well, I assume it is allergies and not a cold. I hope it rains again soon to get some of the pollen out of the air.

My brother who lives in the Toronto-area was sent home from work today. Thirty people on his floor called in sick today. One said she tested positive for swine flu (H1N1) so they sent home everyone who had any kind of sickness (my brother has a cough and cold) and they are not allowed back to work until they can prove that they do not have swine flu. Both of his daughters were home sick today (his MIL had to pick them up at the babysitter after my SIL dropped them off this morning) so the three of them went to the doctor this afternoon and were swabbed and they should get the results in a few days.

My mother is going to FREAK when she hears about this. She is convinced that the next cold she gets is going to kill her. She keeps canceling plans to go to my brothers' because someone there always seems to have the sniffles. If my mom and I had a better rapport at the moment (not quite repaired since our fight when she was here in March), I would just call her "George" which was her father's name. She used to always say that he was such a hypochondriac (and she used to call me George whenever I complained of headaches until I was officially diagnosed with migraines at age 15). :\

No comments:

Post a Comment