Tuesday, June 09, 2009

According to pmsbuddy.com, I about to start PMSing. Thanks.

When the kids got off the bus today I was in a glorious mood. The sun was shining and I had a fantastic day. Jax told me that his teacher showed his Legomation movie to the whole class and he was just beaming. Dex was excited to talk about his upcoming birthday party and Cars was just being his happy 5 yr old self. However, by the time we got home, Cars had slugged Jax and Jax was picking Cars up and shaking him. Dex blah-blah-blah-blah'd me all the way home without taking a breath(can you believe that once-upon-a-time this kid had an expressive speech delay?! I can't!).

So, in the door we went and Jax and Cars went to their bedrooms. A little while later, after the time out, Jax had to do some research on the computer. Stephen had upped the parental controls in April so searching can take a long time as it checks the sites before returning the results. Jax was sulking that it was taking a long time and demanded that I "fix" it. I said he needed to be patient and that it was something that I could not fix. He then said something like I just don't want to fix it and I told him that I could not fix and and perhaps he needed to walk away for a bit and come back. He turned to me in the snottiest tone "Did something happen today? Is that why you are in a bad mood?"

O.M.G.

I lost it. I walked over to him and said "Yes, something happened today. The sun was shining and I was having a great day! My kids were happy when they got off the bus then the next thing I know, my 11 yr old and my 5 yr old were physically fighting. So yes, that is what happened! Know anything about it?!" Then I sent him to his room for being snarky. He at least had the decency to act chagrined. And he later apologized.

But, I think the thing that really happened is that pmsbuddy.com sent me a reminder notice that I clearly paid no heed too. I should have self-medicated with chocolate and spared my children all of those time outs. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment