Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today, I went for a physical therapy appointment to finally treat Thoracic Outlet Syndrome that I was diagnosed with in January '04! The vascular surgeon told me to get PT and I never went. I had no time! For my "vacation year" this year I am finally making the time for me. And also I have noticed it is getting worse and I have a really hard time lifting any kind of hand weights in the circuit training class because my arms go almost immediately numb when I lift them over my head.

Yeah me for taking care of myself!

Jax's teacher emailed me today because the kid who sits next to him (they share a 2-person desk) had a pb sandwich for lunch. WTF is going on?! It is almost like some sort of conspiracy. Anyway, Jax was very agitated so the teacher asked the other kid to move but told me she could not do that again. She then suggested that she look for a single-person desk to have brought into her room for Jax. She was able to locate one and it is all set up for him for tomorrow (though he probably won't go to school because he has picked up some sort of virus and has a fever and body aches).

I also sent an email to the principal asking for the 504 coordinator info (the dipstick from last year has left the school). We need to get in his plan accommodations for shared desks, pb used in lesson plans and now I am looking ahead at next year when he will be in a portable with no running water. How will he wash his hands?!

No comments:

Post a Comment