Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ok, so you've seen pictures of Jax and his hair. You know that hair. That coarse, thick, wavy, way-too-long hair. He loves it! Loves it! He thinks it looks great!

Jax uses a 2-in-1 shampoo AND an additional conditioner yet his hair still looks like he stuck his finger in the socket most days. I have used the hair dryer to blow it dry and "style" it some days and it does look a little better (far less coarse, and there is even some SHINE to his locks) but he hates the dryer and complains so much that it is not something I can do everyday (or even more than one or twice a month). I am hoping that puberty is kind to him and his hair either straightens out or gets curlier. It has got to get better, right?

Here is a photo of him on the first day of school and he thought his hair rocked.


Look at that hair! I often joke with him about buzzing all of his hair off while he sleeps and that day was no exception. All the way to school and while we were standing outside of his class I told him that he was going to wake up in the morning looking like Charlie Brown.

Then, this kid came up and got in line.



OMG! Here I was, teasing Jax about his crazy hair but at least he BRUSHES it! Anyway, Jax told me I could never, ever complain about his hair again because at least it did not look like that kid's! And I did not complain. For about a week.

Anyway, this coming Tuesday is Picture Day at school so in an attempt to have his hair look a little tamer for the pictures, I took the kids to SuperCuts for haircuts. Or "trims" because they all refused to go for "haircuts". The stylist told me that if she cuts it any shorter (without going short) it was just going to POUF out so she recommended "taming" it with some hair wax. We've tried hair gel and tons of leave-in conditioner in the past but not wax so I said "sure". She she cut his hair and applied wax and it looked almost good so I said "We'll take some!".

She walked over to the shelves of hair product and pulled down the jar. It was called "ShortSEXYhair". OMG! What kind of product is that to use on a 10 year old boy?!

I bought it and he grinned all the way home. It just totally reinforced the his idea that his hair looks GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment