Thursday, October 30, 2008

A little cheese to go with this whine...

Jax is home sick today for the second day in a row. Yesterday is was an inconvenience though I did leave him at home alone for an hour and a half while I went to get some blood work done (I have a nice 3" bruise on the inside of my elbow to prove it!) and to buy some groceries. Today it is a hassle that he is home (nice mom, eh?). He is sicker today. He has a higher fever, body aches and sore throat - yesterday it was just fever and body aches. I was supposed to help run Cars' class party this morning (Halloween as the kids have no school tomorrow). I just ended up dropping off the donuts and leaving.

I am also supposed to run a craft for Dex's class party later this afternoon but I will just have to drop off all of the supplies. I was going to need to leave early anyway because Dex has an appointment with the neurologist to discuss meds. :'(

Jax's class has planned their own party with no parent involvement. We did drop off what he needed to provide - Cheez Its, two boxes and ballots for voting for best costume and best dancer as well as a prize for best costume (a wig and fake nose/glasses <- his idea).

We de-gutted three pumpkins last night then ran out of time to carve the faces because I had to run to Krispy Kreme to get the donuts. The kids are upset because we won't have any fancy pumpkins this year because the Master Carver has been in Los Angeles all week and does not return home until tonight. I told them Jack'o'Lanterns only this year. Not that it matters if we even have them because I don't imagine there will be any trick'r'treaters around here.

My cable box died on Wednesday night so I had them replace it yesterday. The cable guy tracked MUD across the carpet. He is the only cable guy who has ever come into the house without putting on those little blue bootie things. Aargh! So, we lost all of our recorded shows.

Then my internet connection was out until about an hour ago. *pout*

This has been a long friggin' week.

On the plus side:

  1. The kids have the day off tomorrow are we are going to a party if everyone is healthy.
  2. A 504 Review meeting for Jax on Monday after school. I am glad that is was scheduled quickly.
  3. I've lost 7 pounds. I need to mention that now before I get into the Halloween candy.
  4. I bought myself some cashmere socks at Costco last week and they are wonderful.
  5. Spy rocks as she will watch Cars after school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment