Sunday, October 19, 2008

I read Doonesbury today. The character (sorry, don't know his name because I do not read that strip daily) refers to bloggers as "narcissists".

Is that what bloggers are?

Is that what I am?!




I am editing this to add that I don't actually expect an answer, especially a "no you're not" one. Those were rhetorical questions. I know why I started this blog (help overcome ppd and not wear out my welcome at the SAHP forum I used to go to) but I have to admit that I am overly concerned with how many readers I have on a daily basis and I look to see how they arrived at my blog using sitemeter.

I don't think I am a narcissist but I know I want people to like me (Sally Field syndrome?). I am a people pleaser and that totally bugs the shit out of me. I often do (or don't do) things because I worry so much about what others will think or because I know so-and-so will or won't like it.

Now I have to worry about people thinking I am narcissistic for having a blog. Why do I even care?! If they don't like, they don't have to read it, right? I like having one. I like writing about my life. I like having my say!

And now I hope that did not come across too vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment