Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sorry?

We are watching The Last Starfighter tonight. Jax asked me if it were made in Canada. I said it was not and why did he ask.

Jax: Because his mom said "Sorry"
Me: "Sorry"? What's wrong with that?
Jax: Because here we say "Saw-ry"
Dex: Yeah, only people from Canada say it "Sore-ry"
Me: The word is Sore-ry, not Saw-ry so make sure you pronounce it correctly!
Jax: ~eye roll~
Dex: ~eye roll~

I have had a conversation about Sore-ry/Sawry before with Spy. And in the "How I Met Your Mother", the "classic" video of Robin singing "Let's Go to the Mall", she really emphasizes "Sorry" (her character is from Canada). See video here. ("Sorry is about 23 seconds in).

By the way, I looked it up the the mom in "The Last Starfighter" is not from Canada but from Pennsylvania.

So, do you pronounce SORRY, like SORE-RY or SAW-RY?

No comments:

Post a Comment