Thursday, October 16, 2008

Misc Stuff

Cars' last day of soccer is tomorrow. Hopefully we can go back to Cosmo Fridays after that. Oh, wait, it will probably have to wait another couple of weeks as Spy cannot make it on the 24th then it is Halloween. I can't remember the last time we had Cosmo Friday. It was at Spy's house but I don't recall if it were before or after the school year started.

I had my guitar lesson today. I am still on Lesson 3. I am having a hard time progressing past the notes on 3 strings. Hopefully I will get better as I am getting frustrated. I guess it is a good thing that I can read music else I would be struggling with that too. I just cannot get my fingers to do what I want them to do.

Dex is down on himself about school because he cannot seem to pass any AR tests. Actually, he has passed one. He is ploughing through books but apparently not retaining any information. The teacher is not concerned as he is doing well on SRA (anyone else remember doing SRA in Grade 3? You know, the little books with the coloured levels - brown, lime, aqua, etc). He just needs to stop being so hard on himself, I think.

I finally bit the bullet and called the neurologist today. I just left a message since it went right to voicemail but no one has called me back yet. His head-shaking tic has lasted almost seven weeks now and it does not appear to be abating. :(

I went to Sears today to buy new winter coats for the kids. I ended up ordering Lands' End coats for Jax and Dex (shipping is free if you order at Sears). The coats will be here soon and I hope they like the coats because it is starting to get cold! I am also concerned about the sizes. According to their size chart, Jax and Dex should be wearing the same size!

I pulled out two size 5/6 coats from the closet for Cars to chose from. He says he is sure it is going to be very cold tomorrow because he wants to wear the coat he chose. Nevermind that today he insisted that he would not be chilly with an unzipped hooded sweatshirt. He also asked me to find him some mitts. This time of year is so funny because it can be very chilly in the morning but then warm up (today it was about 60F). People are all over the map with what they are wearing too - shorts, t-shirts and others in parkas with fur collars - all on the same day!

Anyway, Cars' coat is ready for him to wear tomorrow if he wishes. I forgot to dig out the mitts so he'll have to settle with his pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment