Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nothing much happening. Dex's service project on Saturday (assembling boxes for the homeless living in Tent City). Today I went to IKEA looking for ideas to create a "mudroom". Our entrance from the garage into house is a wreck! I have a plastic bin filled with hats/mitts, a 15 hole shoe holder (does not fit 15 pairs!), two racks of hooks for coats and backpacks. We have way more shoes than fit in that space. I want to create a really nice mudroom area without spending a fortune. I was looking at the lockers from LLBean but I think they would be quickly outgrown. I would love something like this or this. If Stephen were handier, he could make them. Well, I guess if he really had the desire he would make them too but that desire is not there so I will have to figure out what to do and buy what I need. He'll install pre-assembled stuff (or easy-to-assemble things like I might buy from IKEA).

edited to add this link. I cut this article out of the paper the weekend we moved. This is my ~dream~ mudroom.

Other news this weekend is that my ATM card was canceled because someone attached a skimming device to our bank's ATM machine. I almost NEVER use the ATM machine (I prefer to get my cash from Safeway using the cash-back option when I purchase something) but once back in October, we were near the bank and we needed money for the weekend so I ran into the bank. Just recently people have noticed money disappearing from their accounts (several people with whom Stephen works were hit as this ATM machine is near their company and the bank caters to Hi-Tech employees). Anyway, I received a letter in the mail on Friday stating that my card would be canceled effective Friday and a new card would arrive in 10 business days. That is a long time to be without an ATM card. I had to buy groceries today and charge my AMEX card (though I guess I could have written a check - never thought of that since I have used an ATM card for groceries for the past 12 years!). Anyway, we've checked our account and it does not seem that we have any fraudulant transactions. I hope my new PIN is easy to remember (and I shall now always cover the keypad when I use one - I used to think only whacks did that but apparently if they were whacks, they were security-conscious whacks!).

No comments:

Post a Comment