Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Did It!

Ok, guess what it was? Here are some clues:



Yes! I took a ferry ride from Seattle to Bainbridge Island with my family. We had a special guestcourtesy of Snapper's dd, Miss Talk. Was there anything better to do on a sunny, warm winter Seattle day?

First things first - where are the life preservers?! No way we were setting sail without me knowing where those were.


Ok, life preservers, check! Now we can get Flat Stanley out to enjoy the ride.
He and Dex as we sail off from the dock.


The ferry went much faster than we were expecting. And it did not sink. Bonus!


We arrived safely at Bainbridge Island (bad focus job).


We tooled around the island for a while and then back. I feel a little foolish that I was so terrified to take the trip before. I think because it was perfect weather plus Stephen was with me (in case it sank, he could help rescue the kids) made for a fabulous trip. We bought lunch from the deli section of the little grocery store on the island and ate it in a park. The we walked along the path back to the ferry terminal before embarking on the ride back to Seattle. It was much windier by then so we mostly stayed inside on the way back.

Then since we were downtown and had paid through the no$e for parking, we were in no rush to leave. We decided to walk to Pike Place Market, however it was packed so all we did was take a photo of the kids on the pig, Rachel.


(Oops, forgot to take Flat Stanley out for the photo). We then walked back to the car and headed home.

Ok, so I cannot believe I had been such a wimp about the ferries. And I did not even flinch when we drove across Lake Washington to get to/from Seattle (although I must admit that I directed Stephen to drive via I-90 rather than 520 because that it is the 520 bridge that really terrifies me). So, I am ready to do it again. Who's in? CraftyMama?

No comments:

Post a Comment