Monday, February 25, 2008

Art

Tomorrow, I will be in Jax's class to help the class make an art project for Art Gallery Night. No other parent volunteered to do it. I was going to have them do scratch art but I decided on Sunday it would be too messy (cheap but messy). Then on Sunday I went to an art supply store to buy some aluminum metal sheets (5"x5") and now will have them do some embossing. I think it will be fun. I actually wanted to do copper but it was $14.99 for 6 sheets vs $4.29 for 6 sheets of aluminum. I will try to remember to take pictures of the art work when it is done.

Later in the week, we will be completing necklaces for Dex's class Art Gallery Night project. I cannot remember if I posted about it already or not. The kids each made 3 polymer clay beads with mica fingerprints. The kids will string other beads to them to make necklaces. We also had them make one extra bead and made a necklace for the teacher. I got the idea from here. I think it is such a cool end-of-year gift for the teacher (and relatively inexpensive). I may do the same for Cars' preschool teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment