Saturday, December 08, 2007

We bought our Christmas tree today at our regular place (Home Depot). You cannot beat their prices. Anyway, the tree is huge. It is sitting in the stand while the branches fall a bit before I string the lights. Tomorrow we will put on the ornaments. I hope I have enough ornaments for this massive tree! I did buy a new topper (a lighted star!) so I hope that looks nice all lit up.

Stephen hung the outside lights today too. We had a record number of burnt-out bulbs (20!). We went to Ace Hardware to get more plus another strand then Stephen shorted one out so the rest of the lights will have to wait until tomorrow when we goes to the store to buy another fuse for the lights.

Ash had invited our family to join theirs for dinner last night at a local restaurant but I declined because Jax's anxiety. He asked me 15 times at Laurie's yesterday about the food and in the end only ate two oreos and a gogurt. Even today at Home Depot, they were handing out small bags of popcorn. Stephen asked the man about the oil and he showed Stephen the container (soybean of course) but Jax still was not comfortable. In fact, he told me he was nervous and worried because Stephen and Dex and Cars ate some. I am looking forward to Tuesday when Jax has his first meeting with the psychologist. I am not expecting a miracle cure after the first meeting but I will be honest and admit that I am hoping for one!

I want to get started on my Christmas cards but our printer is out of ink and I cannot print the labels. I know I ~could~ write on the inside but I really do not want to do that until I have the labels printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment