Monday, December 17, 2007

For the second time in two weeks, I have managed to lose a book that I am reading. This is so frustrating! I finally found the first book in one of the moving boxes (I remember putting it down on the box but how it got into the box and another box on top is still a mystery). Today, I took a book with me when I went to the school, thinking I would have a few moments to read it before the kids got out (Dex was going directly to a b-day party so I had the gift for him to take and I brought his backpack home). Anyway, I remember picking the book up from the car when we got home...hang on...ok just checked Dex's backpack and it is not in there. Anyway, it is not in my purse, it is not in the bin where I keep my gloves, it is not on my dining room table or my craft table (all places where I might normally put something down then forget about it). The book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. I guess most everyone else in book club read the book in school. I thought I had read it before but nothing seems familiar to me yet so perhaps not.

Anyway, this is very frustrating and it makes me feel very old and forgetful. Plus I do not have a book to read when I got to bed tonight. *pout*

No comments:

Post a Comment