Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Coming down to the wire. Tomorrow evening we get possession of the new house. Finally!

My mom arrived late last night. She did not sleep last night because she says she felt tremendously guilty about not being able to drive to get Cars from school tomorrow. I did finally find a friend who will pick him up so my mom should sleep well tonight.

And I will sleep well because our climber is down and will be reassembled tomorrow at the new house. All for a reasonable about of money. Actually, the guy doing it is only 19 and he works for my realtor's neighbour who is a contractor. I think he did not ask for enough money to move the thing but if it gets put back up right and on time I will give him a huge bonus because now I have one less thing to worry about!

Jax decided tonight (TONIGHT!) that he did not want to wear his costume to school because he is not allowed to wear a "scary" mask so his costume would then be lame. So I spent an hour my evening making a clone trooper mask out of cardboard for him. He LOVES it. Dex cannot wear his scary mask either (Dementor) so he has kind of a smilie-face mask to wear with it. He is too funny.

Still more packing to be done but I am feeling less stressed. I figured that I am paying the movers by the hour so we will concentrate on having them take the heavy, awkward or bulky items and we'll move as many of the boxes ourselves on Thursday. And also if things do not get moved until Saturday it is ok (well, I am thinking of bikes and nets and Christmas decorations). We can easily pack those in the van or our neighbour's pickup truck. One less thing to worry about.

Ok, off to watch "Boston Legal" then to bed. Long days ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment