Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I finally was able to get a hold of the swim teacher so I've added six more entries to my March calendar (swimming lessons 2x/week for Cars). The calendar is even more colourful now.

It rained most of the day and was muchcooler than yesterday but the skies are blue now. I hope it is nice tomorrow. Several of my trees have blossomed overnight! The grass needs mowing although the backyard bog will not allow for it for at least another month when it dries up some more.

I just baked some Butter Tarts because I have a hankering for something sweet but I am not eating chocolate. They are still cooling but I tried a couple while they were warm. Not as good as the ones I remember from the bakeries back home but still very good. Mmmmm. I just used a store-bought pie crust so perhaps that is the problem. I have never made pastry from scratch - it scares me!

Stephen is at the cooking class that I purchased for him for Christmas (a one-on-one session with a professional chef). I hope he has a good time.

I finished our book club selection for this month - "Ender's Game". I was a little disappointed with the end but I wonder if it is just because I was rushing through it to make sure I finished. Several people in book club have hated this book so far and one has already stated that she will not read it so discussion tomorrow night should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment