Thursday, May 25, 2006

Early Weekend

The kids have Friday off school so I decided it was the day to have Dex's birthday party (his birthday is on Wednesday). He wanted a Harry Potter theme. I tried to talk him out of it since I have BTDT (Jax's 5th birthday) but he was adamant. So, I made black robes (capes). Again. I did find some little glowing wands so I did not make wands this time. The activities will be Divination Class (guess the number of jelly beans in a jar), Potions Class - I made purple cabbage juice and it will turn red when we add vinegar and greenish/blue when we add laundry detergent (I got that one from here. Last will be Spells and I will have them practice some spells and we will have them make a bottle of pop explode (same as Jax's science experiment. They will also pin the scar on Harry's head then eat pizza and cake. I hope Dex enjoys it!

The rest of the weekend will be filled with baseball (Friday night and Saturday afternoon) as well as a bbq on Sunday. Let's hope the rain eases up some.

MIL is arriving on Tuesday. She really wanted to come for Jax's First Communion but it will be nice that she will also be here for Dex's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment