Sunday, May 21, 2006

Ramblings and Rumblings

Busy weekend for us. I took the kids to their school's jamboree (fun fair) on Saturday then we had two baseball games (overlapping at two different fields, of course). After the second game (ended at 6:45pm), the team set up a camping grill in the parking lot and we had a team bbq. It was a lot of fun.

Today, after church, I had to run Jax over to have his baseball team picture taken. It was originally scheduled for two three weeks ago but was canceled due to rain. Afterwards, I took Dex to a birthday party at a skating rink. He had a blast! At first he said he was not going to skate. Then he did get on the ice but would not let go of the wall. The rink had 5 gallon buckets that kids could use to keep their balance. So, after skating around for an hour, he was able to skate unassisted (not well, but he could skate!). See for yourself!

The next week is still very busy. I am so looking forward to June. Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment (just a check-up). I will have to boot home to get Jax to swimming lessons on time. On Tuesday, Dex has an allergist appointment. Friday, the kids do not have school but I am having Dex's birthday party that day. I need to sew 10 black capes (Harry Potter Robes) before then. Oh, and plan the rest of the party. I have no idea what the kids will do besides pin the scar on Harry's head (yes, this will be very similar to Jax's 6th Birthday Party when he too had a Harry Potter theme).

Oh, and Stephen told me that his mom is coming for Jax's First Communion after all. She wanted to come then said no then she called today and said she was coming. She arrives next Tuesday. Stephen said he is not sure how long she is staying but it will at least be a week.

I still do not know exactly what Jax will wear for First Communion. I will need to take him out shopping next weekend. Oh, and we need to make a banner for Jax to hang on the end of the pew by next week.

I am behind on my blog and forum reading. I have completely knitting and felting that big booga bag but have not yet finished putting the handles on it! I have to start the next book club selection too. I am so looking forward to the end of this month so I can take a breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment