Thursday, January 13, 2005

The people for the second bathroom quote moved their appointment to next week because snow was in the forecast and NO ONE drives anywhere here when it snows. I also have a couple of more names of contractors who have done bathrooms at more reasonable rates so we'll see what comes of it. Stephen is now hot to move for some reason. He wants the tub replaced then off we move to a new home. Like we can afford it. Gotta keep buying those lottery tickets, I suppose... heh

An acquaintance invited me over to see her bathroom that was remodeled last year. It is gorgeous: marble tile on the floors and around the tub, deep bathtub, shower with a bench, granite countertops, etc. It should be in a magazine! However, it is way more than I would want (I just want a tub that doesn't leak at this point) or would ever spend. She told me they spent (get this...) $39,000 on the bathroom. The tiling alone was $15,000. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. How the hell could someone spend that kind of money on their bathroom in the same area that I live in? Seriously. And the funny thing is that she said she was not going to put her son in full-day kindergarten next year because she thought it was too expensive (~$250/month!!). LOL

Our second book club meeting was last night. We discussed The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. There were three new members (and a couple who could not make it) so we are up to 11 people. Another friend who is in another book club said that 10-12 people was a good size for a book club. Next month we are discussing
The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve.

Our playgroup has decided to meet one last time before Sarah moves. Leslie is going to try to make it. Everyone is coming here on Monday. I gave Sarah and Leslie a little going away present consisting of a pack of note cards, strip of stamps and a sheet of labels with my address, Tracey's address and Jen's address pre-printed on them.

Here's a picture from our night out:

From L to R: Leslie, Sarah, Tracey, Me, Jen

Ok, off to bed for a little nap before Cars wakes up. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment