Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Day 3

Third day of the fitness challenge. I am not doing very well on "dieting" but I have not had an eating binge. I wore my pedometer today while at Dex's soccer today and I clocked almost 2000 steps chasing Cars around the arena. I was impressed. I wore it for 1/2 the day and I think I had about 3000 steps. Far from the goal of 10,000 steps recommended. I forced myself to move about a little more than usual though. Normally I am such a slug.

Tomorrow I have two contractors coming to give me a quote on the bathroom. The first will be over-priced. The second is the one who did (S & N's bathroom). I am not sure how long that link will work. A third guy is due to come on Monday morning. He is a friend of S & N who has started his own "handyman" business. He told me today on the telephone after I told him what the first place had quoted us that with his current project he had moved a wall, re-plumbed, installed shower, bath, sink, tile, etc for less than that! So it looks like we can get this all done within our budget.

I knit a hat for Dex but it is small and fits Cars really well. Dex insists that he wears it. I need to take a picture of it. I used Noro Kureyon which knits up striped and it is gorgeous! I am working on a second hat for Jax but I think I have overcompensated and it will be too big. I remind myself of Lucille Ball with this knitting (I hope someone out there has seen that episode of her show).

No comments:

Post a Comment